Sunday 26 August 2018

Emma's Leftovers

This is one sock, from my range of odd socks using the leftover yarn from other socks that I have been making. This sock I finished a little while ago, but forgot to update you on! - Oops.

The leftover yarn was Regia, the Arne and Carlos Design Line in the Bramble colourway. The needles I used were a wooden set of 2.5mm DPNs, like I had used for Emma's original socks.

I knitted this sock cuff down, and using a heel flap and gusset construction. I find this construction easier on DPNs, and it was the first I learned to do, and I can make a pretty good sock using it.

The sock really didn't take me too long to make, and it was my travel knitting for a while. I had cast on 60 stitches for this sock. I am still trying to figure out the right "Recipe" for socks that fit me nicely. I find that I have arrow feet, but they are not that narrow! So I have a couple tight socks and a couple of fairly loose socks! Safe to say this sock was a success, and I will definitely be making more socks with this number of stitches in the future.

Now, time for more socks...

No comments:

Post a Comment