Sunday 18 November 2018

Lemmon Juicer Podcast Ep 9: The one with only one WIP.



Welcome to the Lemmon Juicer Podcast, get comfy and I hope you enjoy.

I appologise for the bad lighting, there was no natural light, so hopefully this only a one off.

Instagram: @lemmonjuicer
Ravelry: sockbug97
Ravelry Group: Lemmon Juicer Podcast
Blog: www.lemmonjuicer.blogspot.co.uk

Finished Objects:
Blue Skirt: A pattern drafted from instructions on how to make your own circle skirt: https://seweasysewing.blogspot.com/2014/03/diy-circle-half-circle-skater-skirts.html
- This was made using some old fabric that my Granny gave to me, and I believe used to be a skirt for a dress of some kind. It is a lovely shimmery navy blue colour, and may just be ever so slightly shorter on one side then the other due to my dodgy hemming skills! ;)

Space Shuttle: UPDATE - I was rather silly and didn't check on Ravelry for the pattern, here it is: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/space-shuttle
- This shapce shuttle I crocheted out of DK yarn. I used some acrylic yarn from Hobbycraft, some Bonus DK and some of their WI range in the colours I needed (Black, White and Orange). The pattern was easy to follow, and my friend loved it.

Gift Knit Socks: This is my own vanilla sock recipe, 64 sts on a 2.5mm needle. https://www.ravelry.com/projects/Sockbug97/colly-socks
- These were made using Regia Pairfect socks from the Arne and Carlos design line. The colourway was their Garden colourway I believe, but they do have a lovely christmassy feel to them, which is perfect seeing as they will be a christmas gift.

WIPs:
Fern & Feather: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/Sockbug97/fern--feather
- This is a lovely pattern by Jennifer Steingass, and I have used Countess Ablaze yarn, the green is their Footloose (Funk Remix) colourway and the white is the undyed yarn. These are both on their Grande Merino base. Which is a superwash and very cuddly!

Acquisitions:
Spin-A-Yarn (@spinayarndevon):
Regia Pairfect Arne & Carlos Design Line - 09136 Garden Colourway
West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4-ply - 855 Pheasant Colourway
Malabrigo Sock Yarn - Ivy SW138 Colourway
Knit-Pro Zings - 2.5mm DPNs

Babbles Yarns (@vanawillemiel) https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/BabblesYarns?ref=l2-shopheader-name:
DK Yarn 75%/25% Merino/Polyamide - Solid Gold Batch 2 Colourway

Loop London (@looplondonloves):
Malabrigo Rios - Purpuras RIO872 Colourway
Madelinetosh Pashmina - Upstate Colourway

In The Shed:
Yarn Swift: Don't watch this if you are a joiner/carpenter - you might cry... Anyway. I'm trying my best to make a yarn swift, its not looking good.
- I did struggle a fair amount with this make, and I think I just need to go back to the drawing board. If you do have any suggestions then that would be greatly appreciated, I need to figure this one out!

Music:
"Inspired" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

No comments:

Post a Comment