Sunday 4 March 2018

Mam's Birthday Present

It was my Mams birthday recently, and I have to admit I was not very prepared at all... Bad daughter and all... I was trying to make her a card for her birthday, but it all went a little bit wrong, and she only got a bunch of flowers on the actual day.

The card I was trying to make, was going to be a small cross stitch inside the card. The cross stitch was actually finished the day after her birthday, and instead of putting it into a card I asked her if she would like it in a frame, she said yes. This is the result.

The cross stitch itself was a little kit from Hobbycraft, and I believe it was actually on of their Easter special kits, but why it was around in January boggles the mind! The frame itself was one from a local shop, and I decided that I would jazz it up to make it that little more special. I found two heart buttons, and some wooden letter beads, which I simply glued on with a bit of PVA. I did also have to create the card surround for the cross stitch, I cut a 6x4 piece of purple card (mam's favourite colour) to fit the frame and a 3x3 inch square in the middle. I probably should have used a ruler when cutting though, as it is ever so slightly wonky. But she loves it, and the daughter points are made up!

No comments:

Post a Comment