Sunday 25 March 2018

Embroidery Cat

I have never done a proper embroidery project before, I have done a few small cross stitches, but from following an embroidery page on instagram (@hopebroidery) I have become more and more interested and decided I would try and give it a go.

For starting new things I find the kits in Hobbycraft do give you a good start. They give you all you need and some instructions. So that is where this Embroidery Cat Kit came from.

Snapped.
The stitch used is called the Surface Satin Stitch, it differs from the normal, Satin Stitch, as the thread mostly stays on the top surface of the piece. I did really enjoy making embroidery cat, and I think I'm going to try some new things in the future, maybe do a little freestyle kit-less embroidery!

I did have slight trouble when making embroidery cat, I went to Manchester and decided to take embroidery cat as a traveling project. Those of you who read about the slouch hat I made when I went to Germany, will know that on the plane, my knitting needles (both of them) snapped... Well, it turns out I don't have much luck with travelling makes, as I managed to snap the eye on the needle for the embroidery. This was the needle that the kit came with, and to be honest I do think that it might have been ever so slightly too small, as I was struggling to pull it through the fabric at points.

Anyway, thanks to Amazon Prime, I was back with a needle in a couple of days, and back to finishing the cat.

Embroidery Cat was finished back home. We had a LOT of snow when the first "Beast Of The East" came to visit, and I was snowed in the village for three days, but it gave me time to do a few nice projects, and I got embroidery cat finished!

On a background of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment