Wednesday 3 June 2020

WIP Wednesday - Peppermint Purple SAL

Now blackwork is something I'm quite new to, and didn't really know anything about until I saw someone I follow on Instagram post about this exact Stitch-A-Long (SAL) and I decided to get involved. 


Blackwork uses backstitches to create a pattern on a fabric, which can be, and usually is, cross-stitch aida. Which is what I used, as I had some of it in my fabric stash, I also decided to try and use leftover embroidery floss that I have from when I had done a sampler for the birth of my Nephew. So far I am really enjoying it, even though I hate backstitching my actual cross-stitch pieces! XD

The SAL is free to anyone who wants to join and is running all year long. Every week a new box is released, and on some weeks there are a couple of options for you to customise your own work. There is a lovely facebook page for support if you need it, and even though we are halfway through the year it really isn't too late to start. 

It would be great to say that I had been keeping up every week, but that is far from the truth. I tend to miss out on a week or two, and then catch up on a day off. As the boxes are quite small they are doable in an hour, and a couple doesn't take too long. I find this is a nice no pressure SAL and by the end of the year will have a lovely piece to frame and put up somewhere.  

No comments:

Post a Comment