Sunday 1 April 2018

Poley's Makeover

Poley is an old polar bear teddy, that I have had for a very long time. It is safe to say that he has been hugged a lot, and it shows.

He was a very grubby, very floppy bear. Being an engineer, and having rather messy hobbies, having a white teddy bear was rather much a risk. When I was younger he was forcibly taken off me and put through the washing machine...

I realised a little while ago, that he really was looking sad, and quite sorry for himself so I decided to do something about it.

First things first, he was filthy, more a subtle grey colour then white... So he made a trip into the washing machine, he did look a little sad sat there waiting for the fairground ride.

After coming out he looked so much better, and a lot more white then I've ever remembered him to me.

The next challenge was to make him less of a rag doll and more of a bear. There was a fine line to be drawn here. For a very very long time, Poley has been a floppy bear, and in some ways, if he wasn't floppy, he wouldn't be Poley.

I carefully unpicked a seam along his belly, and then restuffed him through there. I was very careful not to over-stuff him. I wanted him to look a healthy size, but still be floppy bear.

Once he was done I was very pleased with the days work. He also was a lot more huggable. Which is required for a teddy bear.

One thing I did find out, which I had totally forgotten, is that Poley actually has a forehead! who knew!

2 comments:

  1. Poley looks very clean and dapper now. Does he still wear a tee-shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. His tee-shirt did go through the wash too, but hasn't yet made its way back to him. Which I think was a bit of a mistake as he is now a little more grubby...

    ReplyDelete