Sunday 15 April 2018

Cabled Mitts

I was looking for a challenge recently, 
and I decided that I wanted to try something new. I came across this lovely cabled mitten pattern on Love Knitting called Nalu Mitts by Leila Raabe. 

They are a simple pattern for fingerless mittens, with a nice cabled section along the back of the hand. 

I decided to use some yarn out of my stash. It was a blue-y variegated yarn, of a DK weight. DK is the yarn weight that is used in the pattern, although it uses a lovely pale grey colour which really suits it, as well as a set of 3.25mm double pointed needles.

Doing the cable along the back of the mitten was easier then I thought it would be. I am hoping that with a little more practice doing cables I'll begin to understand how they work and be able to use them in my own knitting.

The mittens knitted up really quickly, and despite all the mistakes, including knitting the wrong size thumb (oops!) they are pretty snug, and they look fine. 

Once I had blocked my mittens they then went as a present to my friend Emma, who was admiring them when I was knitting them. They knitted up quite quickly, and were fun to knit too. 

So they were a joy to knit, and seem to also be enjoyed by their new owner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment