Sunday 9 June 2019

Me-Made-May 2019 - Hermione's Everyday Socks

My last actual pair of socks for Me-Made-May I wore on day 14, and they were a lovely pair of Hermione's Everyday Socks, a free pattern that you can find on Ravelry. These were a pair of patterned socks that I had my eye on for a long time, and I managed to get just the right yarn for the project.

The yarn I got was Malabrigo Sock in the Ivy colourway. The sock yarn is 100% Merino and very soft. This is the first time making socks out of merino, so I will have to see how it holds up and maybe not wear them when I am likely to be hard wearing on my socks.

The socks didn't take me too long to make. The pattern was easy to remember and once I was going I was off. The only modification as such that I made was to adjust my needle size. I didn't gauge swatch but I knew that if I was to use the patterns required number of stitches then I would need to go down to a 2mm needle instead of the recommended needle size for the pattern. I also used DPNs instead of two circulars mainly because I think I prefer that method, and because I only really have one sock size circular, and that is my one super long one!

The socks I came out with at the end are lovely, they are comfy and I am in love with the colour. I would definitely make it again.

I believe I wore these socks a few times throughout Me-Made-May and they stood up pretty well. One day I did wear them to work, and the heels did become a little felted at the back. Which was a bit sad, but I will see if there is anything I can do about it, the felting isn't that bad really. I think I won't wear merino socks to work again though.

No comments:

Post a Comment