Wednesday 4 March 2020

WIP Wednesday - Deck The Halls Stitch-A-Long

Back at the beginning of the Christmas season I decided to take part in a mystery stitch-a-long (SAL) run by Caterpillar Cross Stitch. When I decided to get involved the first part of the SAL had been published, and it looked cute, so the decision was made. The SAL was organised in such a way that a new section of the cross stitch design was released every two weeks in the lead up to Christmas. It was a totally doable time frame, and I joined the lovely SAL facebook group to see other peoples progress and ideas.

What I failed to take into consideration, was that I was trying to make a lot of my gifts for my immediate family, and didn't really have the time to dedicate to keeping up with the SAL. So here we are, in March and I haven't finished it yet. I have still been working on it, even though it is tempting to leave it now until December so I can carry on with the festive making, whilst feeling legitimately festive. I'll probably have a load of other gifts to make then too... a makers work is never done! ;)

I picked this project up again mainly because I was feeling the need to work on my WIPs after moving house, and I really fancied a cross stitch project. It fit the bill nicely, and I got a little more done. To be perfectly honest it has been put back in the draw now, and hasn't really been much of a priority for me at the moment.

I am having a little bit of a funk in my making as I write this. Most things have taken a little back seat whilst I get used to settling into my new home, but I also seem to have a million and one things to do and people to see. Is it too much to ask just one off shift at home! Although saying that I'll probably just get bored and want to go and do something.

I digress, I am still making progress on my Caterpillar Cross Stitch, Deck the Halls SAL, very late indeed, but I am still enjoying it. Hopefully it will be done and ready to display one Christmas soon. I have currently completed sections 1 and 2 and am now working on section 3. It is an enjoyable cross stitch with an easy to follow pattern, and I believe you can buy the whole SAL as a complete kit from the Caterpillar Cross Stitch website here. So if you feel like being unseasonally festive, go give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment