Sunday 19 April 2020

Finished Object - My Secret Crop

This project was very much started on a whim, but actually perked up my knitting mojo, and I ran with it. It was the first project in a few weeks that I actually really enjoyed knitting on. I follow Jessie Maed Designs on instagram, and she was having a mystery knit along (MKAL) for a new crop top design. She had thought the design up, and hadn't had anyone test it, so was offering it free and making adjustments to the pattern as the MKAL went along with the problems that people were finding. It looked really fun, so after the first couple of days I joined in too.

The project was perfect for that one skein of Malabrigo Rios that I had in my stash that I really didn't know what to do with. I used up pretty much the whole skein and didn't have much left over at all. I knit the small size. As was the nature of the MKAL I didn't know what the final outcome would look like, but I went with it and I am really happy with the finished object.

I will admit the weather isn't really the best here in England at the moment, it may be sunny but I'm not too sure if it really is warm enough to be wearing this lovely crop top outdoors just yet. Anyway, here she is in all her glory. The My Secret Crop, in Malabrigo Rios in the Sunset colourway. A lovely warm crop, which was amazingly quick to knit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment