Wednesday 29 April 2020

Finished Object - Hummingbird Handspun

Big wheels have been turning and Tina my spinning wheel has been busy, and I have finally spun my last braid of Pixel Atlantis fibre. This braid was a 100% BFL squishy loveliness in the Hummingbird colourway. I absolutely love the green colour it has come out with and it will hopefully be going with the other braid of Pixel Atlantis fibre I have already spun to make something exciting.

I decided to create this yarn in the simple way that I had created the previous braid, so that there was a more likely chance of them being mostly the same. So the braid was weighed, split in half and two singles spun.

The singles were then plied together in a simple two ply, I did have a little bit left over on one bobbin afterwards, which was a little sad, but I wound that off onto a bog roll tube and am saving it with another few from previous and hopefully when I have enough of them they will be plied up into something amazing - but more on that another time.

When I took this plied yarn off the bobbin I was pretty pleased with how balanced it was, and indeed there were a couple of people who were spammed on snapchat with it! But unfortunately I didn't save the photos.

The final yarn was about 16 WPI, so coming to a lighter sport weight (which is what the other braid is - winning!) and about 180 m. It is now all skeined up and with it's friend waiting for their new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment