Sunday 26 February 2017

Mini: Engine Building

Lined up after the Eurofighter kit was this lovely Mini Cooper Mk.1 kit. I do like classic cars and the Mini is one of my favourites. This kit is made by Revell and is 1:24 scale. 

The first step is assembling the engine, which is tiny and fiddly, but with thumb nails and a truck load of patience I got it sorted, and painted! 

As you can see from the photos the engine isn't properly completed yet, there is still a piece to sit right on the top, which is why the red stops and there is a rather unsightly lump of unpainted plastic on the very top of my engine.

For the paint I used enamel, black, gray and red. I used red gloss for the main engine block and grey and black for the other parts.

Front.

Back.

3 comments:

  1. I somehow missed this when it was first posted. A very smart engine - of which anyone should be proud I think. Has any more of the car been assembled now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's something worthy of JW Engines I reckon. Is there a car for it to go in yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually painted according to a picture of a JW Engines, engine. Sadly with the flood nothing more has been done on it YET. There are plans!

      Delete