Tuesday 7 February 2017

Granny Stripe Blanket: Scraps and a Hack

For a little while now I've been collecting large lengths of yarn left over from other projects I've finished and balls of yarn that have died, and I've been crocheting them into a blanket.

Blanket and centre pull ball

I decided to try out the granny stripe blanket, I'd seen a few other people do them and they looked really nice. So to try and figure out where to start I had a look at the lovely pattern on Attic24, which is a lovely lovely place to find new things, so go check it out in the link!

What I love about using scraps in this project is, there is no obvious pattern and the colours are random and can come out looking lovely. The beauty of using scraps as well is, you don't have to spend out on yarn especially for it, and there is a lovely feeling of looking at it and seeing all the different bits of projects that you had enjoyed doing before, and it's all brought together in one cozy blanket.

After I got to the end of this little centre pull ball, I thought of an easy way to stop the thing coming unravelled. Years ago I had bought these tiny little hair clips, obviously in a moment of madness. They never stayed in my hair as it is a huge, thick tangled mess most of the time! But once I have used a stitch marker to hold the last loop where I had been working, clipping the tiny hair clip on the end stops that sneaky end trying to pull back through and undo all that work.

My little hair clip hack

No comments:

Post a Comment