Monday 13 February 2017

Dumpling Kitty

This was a little project I started a little while ago just to try something new, I've made hats and gloves before but never a cat!


I had decided that I was going to make a small animal, so I went trawling through Ravelry. Which is a brilliant site for patterns and ideas!

I found in the end this adorable pattern for these Dumpling Kittys, as they are known, by Sarah Sloyer. The pictures of the ones she has made are just adorable and I wanted to make one, because who doesn't!


So the little kitty cat has his body made in two parts and crocheted together, and then little feet and tail are put on afterwards.

It's well known that when you do something for the first time it doesn't always come out the way you want it, or the way you expect it to, and probably due to my relatively loose tension when crocheting and knitting, my little cat is rather large, and not particularly dumpling shaped! I also managed to not read the instructions on sewing the feet on properly (my bad!) and his little paws are rather far apart at the front.

But apart from his little making mistakes he is cute, and I just love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment