Sunday 17 May 2020

Finished Object - Heyday Dungarees

I had a few sewing plans for my days off and this was the first of them. The Heyday Dungarees by Made By Jacks Mum. The pattern is a brilliant price and available as a digital download, so you can get sewing almost as soon as you buy the pattern. I printed the pattern at home, although there is a copy shop pdf if you are that way inclined, and I glued all the pieces together and cut out the pattern in my size. What I love about pdf patterns is that I can cut around the pieces of my size rather than worry about saving the larger pattern sizes, as they can be printed again later.


The fabric I have used was given to me by my Aunty and Uncle as they had cleared out my Uncle's Mum's loft and had loads of fabric that needed to be put to use. The fabric was only about 90cm wide and I had 2.9m of it. There was just enough to make the pattern if I shortened the legs a little bit, which was fine as it is my back that makes up most of my height. It is a soft woven fabric that had a sort of flannel-y feel to it, it's cozy none-the-less.

I have to admit that it probably wouldn't have been my first choice for a pair of dungarees, but the more I wear them the more I seem to love them! I followed the pattern exactly, and managed to not go careering off the rails as I seem to often do - I'm not very good when it comes to following instructions or being told what to do. But the pattern was easy to follow and the methods of making the dungos good and straightforward. 

I did add a jazzy front pocket. I wanted a little something to shout out me, and I had the perfect piece of fabric leftover in my stash. The aeroplane fabric I got originally to make a Stevie top for my birthday last year, and I still had a bit left. I am super excited about that pocket, and I really am enjoying wearing these for Me Made May this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment