Wednesday 6 May 2020

WIP Wednesday: Letters From Hogwarts SYOA

Just Before a Frame Move
I fell down a very stitchy Harry Potter rabbit hole a few weeks ago and I haven't been able to look back since. I found a new stitch-a-long via a friend on instagram, and found a whole new type of stitch-a-long.

What I found was a year long stitch-your-own-adventure type stitch-a-long, which frankly is amazing. The lovely person behind Cunning Cross Stitch has created a story in which we follow along at the end of each chapter there is another section of the cross stitch to complete. The amazing thing about this one? You get to make your own decisions in the story, which ultimately determines what elements you end up including in your design - pretty amazing right?!

What is better is that they are offering this amazing cross stitch for free. There is a delightful facebook group for support and I really cannot say quite how excited I am about it. It is taking me a little while to stitch everything up, and I am still working on the introduction charts, and haven't carried on with the story as of yet, but we are now into chapter 3 of the story.

There are also some behind the scenes pages as well on the blog detailing the thoughts and processes behind each chapter. It is all well worth a read if you have time. But for now, here are my progress pictures.

Current Progress

No comments:

Post a Comment