Sunday 10 May 2020

WIP Sunday (?) - Helios Wing Shawl

It has been a busy week at work and there hasn't been much in the way of finished objects, so I thought I would share a new project with you all that has my brain working hard to keep up. A little while ago I won a wonderful pattern called the Helios Wing shawl by Beardychiel Designs. It is a lovely shaped shawl with a mixture of lace panels and plain stocking stitch panels. 



The going is pretty simple and the pattern well written, but the lace sections really do give me something to think about and are perfect for these times of social distancing and allow me to get lost and not pay the world around me much attention. I turned to this pattern, mainly because I was a little bored of what I already had on the needles and needed something new to perk my interest and get involved with. It did just the trick. 

I haven't got too far along with the shawl, as it does require my full attention, but I am about 100 rows in and loving how it is coming out so far. 

I am using the recommended needle size, but the yarn is John Arbon, Devonia DK in the Pollen Gold colourway. The pattern calls for a 4-ply weight yarn, but this DK is so light that the drape of the fabric is lovely anyway. My gauge is also a little on the loose side as well so the two have played into each other and I was able to cast this on using something from stash. 

So the shawl is coming along nicely, and providing a welcome distraction. So hopefully it won't be too long until it's finished! 


No comments:

Post a Comment